In 1899 the studio was built. Adamson used it during summers for painting and modelling of smaller sculptures. The artists moved permanently to Paldiski in 1918. By that point the main two story house had been finished. Adamson died in his home in Paldiski, in 1929.
In 1944 the main house had been burned down by soldiers and the family moved into the studio. During the 1960's and 70's there was an attempt to open up one of the rooms of the studio as a museum to Amandus Adamson.
The artist's eldest daughter Corinna lived in the studio until 1981, his youngest daughter Maria emigrated to Sweden as did Adamson's son Peeter.
In 2005 Maria Maddalena Carlsson, the last surviving and youngest of Adamson's children, gifted the studio to the Estonian Republic. It became
Harjumaa Muuseum, bearing the name Amandus Adamson Studio Museum.
The Amandus Adamson Studio Museum opened its doors on November 2010, having been restored with funding from the European Union.
Amandus Adamson bought the land where he would build his summer studio and later his home in 1896. According to the memoirs of the painter Ants Laikmaa Adamson participated in the building of the studio.